In a nutshell, ColoredCow plays a pivotal role in enlivening meaningful ideas of organizations and empowering people through them. We design and develop digital products covering all aspects from idea conception through development. We are a group that people rely on for solving their diverse and challenging problems.
As we embark on our next rung of growth, we invite you to join our journey toward developing meaningful human-centric platforms.
You will work with software developers and solutions designers to deliver analytics-driven solutions. To dive into the details you will:
- Translate client’s business requirements into a set of analytical models
- Perform data analysis (with a representative sample data slice) and build/prototype the model(s)
- Work with the client’s business users and/or data scientists to define and close on the model design
- Provide inputs to the development team on input data required by the model, size, format, associations, and cleansing required
- Identify/Provide approach and data to validate the model(s)
- Tune the model(s) to improve results provided over time
- Understand the business challenges and goals of a client to formulate the approach for data analysis and model creation that will support their business decision making
- Do hands-on data analysis and model creation and proactively mentor other team members
- Have the opportunity to work in several different domains in a variety of different client environments
- Continually learn, mentor and develop your career
- Apply a lean learning approach to analytics that leads to building the right solution
Working during the day and reading by night. Must reads for this programme :
- Pragmatic Programmer, by Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas
- Passionate Programmer, by Chad Fowler
- Code Complete 2, by Steve McConnell
- The Goal, by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- Eat that Frog, by Brian Tracy
- The Lean Startup, by Eric Ries
What you need to start the Journey
- Have a passion for understanding business problems and trying to address them by leveraging data
- Ability to select the appropriate analytical techniques based on the characteristics of a problem.
- Ability to design effective experiments in business and social environments.
- Understand how to harvest complex data from a variety of sources.
- Familiar with statistics for data visualization and analysis
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Familiarity with data warehousing and data visualization
- Ability to communicate complex models and analysis in a clear and precise manner
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language
- Natural language processing experience is a plus
Fresher with graduation degree (BSc Statistics, BTech, BCA would be a plus)
The internship stipend of 17.5k/month (with no deductions other than the mandatory TDS, PF contribution, and applicable income tax)