Your playground is the visual dimension. You will create strong visuals that tell the right story and leave a lasting impact. You can pick the tools of your choice whether it is adobe illustrator or plain old paper and pen.
- ManageMyNGO (MMN)
You will work on an application we’re building in NGO sector. It aims to connect NGOs and Corporate to build their CSR relations with the supervision of the govt. This platform will allow NGOs to focus on their root cause activities so that their work can have a larger impact. This digital product will free them from the extraneous efforts they put in getting funds from the corporate. You will be required to use your skills and expertise to build a robust platform that solves real problems for the intended users. Your work will be innovative so that you help the entire team achieve more than what each one alone can. We’re developing the pilot version in partnership with Haryana Government and it will be used by 100 NGOs initially.
You will work on the branding for ColoredCow and create branding and marketing collaterals.
You will be responsible for the execution of a broad spectrum of creative solutions including print, digital, mobile, social, and direct marketing. You will switch between designing for interfaces and doing completely graphics work.
- Developing icons, images & illustrations based upon business needs
- Build layouts for digital and print contents
- Creative acumen for “what works”
- Pair with product designers to build out new design concepts and interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with design team to make beautiful graphics for interfaces
- Create designs within the brand guidelines to maintain a cohesive design language
- Be aware of emerging practices and design methodologies
- Have best practice know-how for varied communication media and scenarios
- Thinking With Type, Ellen Lupton
- The Element of Typographic Style, Robert Bringhurst
- Follow leading journals on interaction and graphic design.
What you need to start the Journey
We expect all interns to be adept at:
- Communicating the ideas to the team and clients
- A tool of your choice (Adobe suite) to convert sketches into visual designs
- Juggling multiple projects without losing details and follow-through
- Embracing feedbacks and revisions
Being aware of the following concepts and tools will immensely help you:
- Awareness of grid systems
- Opinionated aesthetic sense
- Make your designs inclusive of people with disabilities
- Make your designs accommodate for different screen sizes
- Leverage marketing strategies into your designs