Are you fresh out of college and find yourself at the center of this?
We have the insights and experience to launch your career path as a software engineer. You will begin with building impactful applications for various fields such as healthcare and the social sector. We also have programs in web development for you to experiment with and find your calling in this field.
In a nutshell, ColoredCow plays a pivotal role in enlivening meaningful ideas of organizations and empowering people through them. We design and develop digital products covering all aspects from idea conception through development. We are a group that people rely on for solving their diverse and challenging problems.
As we embark on our next rung of growth, we invite you to join our journey towards developing meaningful human-centric platforms.
What you Bring to the Table:
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a Computer Science background.
- Understanding of the basics of database management, SDLC, and data structures and algorithms.
- You are self-driven, curious to learn, proactive, and result-oriented
Do these Skills of a Software Developer Excite you?
In order to become an expert in this field, our team will guide you through learning the following skills. However, any prior knowledge will help in getting there faster-
- Custom software, developing on both clientside and serverside.
- Integrations with 3rd party tools and services
- Unit tests for your modules
- Effectively using the tools – Git, Github, SublimeText/VSCode, NPM, Composer, Grunt/Gulp, Browser DevTools, Command Line Interface, to deliver your best.
- Understanding the business domain and working in close proximity with the clients to discuss requirements and deliver end to end results
- Owning the maintenance of cloud infrastructure for your applications.
- Learning new technologies and frameworks, with knowledge of
- Back-end programming: Laravel 5.6, WordPress, CodeIgniter
- Front-end programming: ECMAScript 2016, SASS/LESS, Bootstrap3/4, VueJS v 2.0
- Mastering concepts such as – Version Control, Design Patterns, Continuous Integration and Testing frameworks in Laravel, performance optimization, programming standards, and best practices.
Roles and Responsibilities as a Junior Software Developer:
- Follow best practices in software development.
- Work in database systems and write optimal queries and code to build software.
- Communicate with the team and share regular updates on daily standups, project meetings, and retrospectives.
- Have a good understanding of server infrastructure and work towards weekly software releases.
- Part of peer code reviews and weekly tech meetings in ColoredCow.
Our Past Software Development Projects:
- Glific is an open-source, two-way communication application built in partnership with Tech4Dev, a San Francisco-based foundation. It enables NGOs to chat and make an impact in the lives of the communities they support.
- Plio improves learning outcomes by making online learning more interactive with the help of overlaying questions throughout the video.
- ColoredCow Portal is a platform that enables organizations to effectively manage their operations and data by using GSuite.
The Right Environment for You:
We believe in giving ample opportunities to captain your own ship in this growth-oriented organization. Our positive and inclusive work culture and a non-hierarchical team structure will allow as much room for growth as you dream.
With our offices in Gurgaon, Tehri, and Dwarahat, you can have a great work-life balance by living and working from the hills or in a fast-paced city.
Recommended Books for a Successful Career in Software Development:
- The Pragmatic Programmer – Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas
- Code Complete 2 – Steve McConnell
- Ask your Developer – Jeff Lawson
- The Passionate Programmer – Chad Fowler
salary package of 4.2LPA – 6 LPA (with no deductions other than the mandatory PF contribution and applicable income tax)
Join ColoredCow and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Kindly fill out the application form and we will get back to you.
Stand out in your job application by following this guide.