As a key member of our highly skilled Tech Team, you will work in an agile and collaborative environment. You have the architectural skills to build durable and scalable platforms that delight the end-users and the curiosity to seek out innovative solutions.
About Us and Our Work in the Social Sector:
In a nutshell, ColoredCow plays a pivotal role in enlivening meaningful ideas of organizations and empowering people through them. We design and develop digital products covering all aspects from idea conception through development. We are a group that people rely on for solving their diverse and challenging problems.
Over the years, we have partnered with various social organizations that have been empowering communities through technology– be it self-defense training, re-initiating the green revolution, or educating youth in artificial intelligence. With our tech expertise, we support these extraordinary non-profit organizations by increasing automation, data-driven decision-making, and helping them to focus on their core mission.
With our deeply ingrained values of social responsibility, we are dedicated to making a difference through various initiatives of social development. In the past year we:
- Reached people in the remotest parts of India by exchanging 4 million+ messages over WhatsApp.
- Joined hands with UNICEF to deliver 900k+ minutes of educational content to underprivileged communities through a robust telephony system.
- Planted and tracked the health of 2 million+ trees spanning Ladakh to Kanyakumari.
- Delivered fresh food across USA and Canada worth $100k+.
As we embark on our next rung of growth, we invite you to join our journey towards developing meaningful human-centric platforms.
Do these Skills of a Software Developer Excite you?
These skills are not exhaustive, you might even be adding a few more to this as an ideal candidate. And cheers to you for that!
- Empathize with our end-users’ needs and help define their key experiences.
- Ability to drive solutions to ambiguous and complicated problems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills that showcase relentless support towards the clients and their project progress.
- Understanding of front-end and back-end technologies.
- Object-oriented programming, MVC architecture.
- Experience in database technologies, data structures, and algorithms.
- Exposure to source management tools like Git & GitHub
Feel you’re not there yet? You can apply as a Junior Software Developer!
Roles and Responsibilities as a Software Developer:
- Follow best practices in software development.
- Work in database systems and write optimal queries and code to build software.
- Communicate with the team and share regular updates on daily standups, project meetings, and retrospectives.
- Have a good understanding of server infrastructure and work towards weekly software releases.
- Part of peer code reviews and weekly tech meetings in ColoredCow.
Our Past Software Development Projects:
- Glific is an open-source, two-way communication application built in partnership with Tech4Dev, a San Francisco-based foundation. It enables NGOs to chat and make an impact in the lives of the communities they support.
- Plio improves learning outcomes by making online learning more interactive with the help of overlaying questions throughout the video.
- ColoredCow Portal is a platform that enables organizations to effectively manage their operations and data by using GSuite.
The Right Environment for You:
We believe in giving ample opportunities to captain your own ship in this growth-oriented organization. Our positive and inclusive work culture and a non-hierarchical team structure will allow as much room for growth as you dream.
With our offices in Gurgaon, Tehri, and Dwarahat, you can have a great work-life balance by living and working from the hills or in a fast-paced city.
Recommended Books for a Successful Career in Software Development:
- The Pragmatic Programmer – Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas
- Code Complete 2 – Steve McConnell
- Ask your Developer – Jeff Lawson
- The Passionate Programmer – Chad Fowler
According to industry standards.
Join ColoredCow and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Kindly fill out the application form and we will get back to you.
Stand out in your job application by following this guide.